Although summer hasn’t “officially” started according to the calendar, with the kids out of school (and me wishing I was a teacher), I think we can all agree – it’s summer! Bring. it. on. I love summer, and after the miserable winter we’ve had, I was beginning to think it would never arrive. What does summer mean to you?
For me, it brings a lot of different things to mind.
Easy breezy decorating…
Deliciously fresh summer fruits…
One of my summer dessert faves is a trifle made with all of these beautiful berries.
I love this recipe because it’s not only delicious, it’s pretty! Definitely looks impressive if you’re taking it to a summer party. There is something about layered desserts that look fancy.
1 pound cake (I usually buy a yummy one at the grocery store)
2 containers fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced into quarters
2 pints fresh blueberries rinsed
2 boxes vanilla Jell-o instant pudding
1 container Cool Whip
- Mix vanilla pudding according to package directions and fold in Cool Whip.
- Slice the pound cake and then cut into cubes. Layer pound cake in the bottom of your trifle dish.
- Cover the bottom layer of pound cake with pudding/Cool Whip mixture
- Sprinkle a layer of mixed berries on top of the pudding/Cool Whip
- Repeat this process, (2-3 layers total, depending upon the size of your dish), ending with a layer of berries.
- Cover and chill for an hour or overnight.
[email protected]'June 7, 2011 at 12:30 pm
Awww, summertime…sweet tea and friends! Love the photos! Entertaining outdoors, so special!!
PamJune 7, 2011 at 3:10 pm
I love summer! I love gardening, eating outside, wearing shorts, not having to get kids up and moving… I love it all!
MorganJune 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm
I love the outdoor entertaining pictures! The lanterns are so gorgeous! I wish I had a space like that.
LisaJune 7, 2011 at 4:17 pm
Yum!!! Thanks for sharing that recipe.
JessicaJune 7, 2011 at 11:29 pm
Just hopped over from CupcakeMAG and added you to my favorites! Looking forward to looking through your blog. 🙂